East Anglian Regional Champion in the Farm Shop and Deli Awards for the past two years
Being named East Anglian Regional Champion in the Farm Shop and Deli Awards for the past two years running has been one of my proudest achievements.
So I was delighted when the organisers sent me some feedback on my entry for the 2015 awards.
Chairman of Judges Nigel Barden said mine was “a clear, concise entry” which “scored highly throughout”, and praised my “great heritage and great community engagement”.
He also said I had an “amazing product range”, provided “great animal welfare” and had “an obvious passion for the business” which was “integrated” and showed “sustainable growth”.
All of this was great to hear, but what meant even more to me was reading the feedback provided by some of the customers who had nominated me for the awards.
Below is a selection of your kind comments.
- Lovely local produce, friendly and helpful staff.
- The deli is one of the best I have used for a long time.
- Lovely products and great service, makes me and my hubby very happy.
- Arthur Howell should win because his meat is delicious. We visit Norfolk several times a year and look forward to stocking up on his products. His staff are friendly and very knowledgeable and it’s clear that Arthur looks after them all.
- We visited Arthur’s butcher’s shop in Wells in July after it being recommended. The produce was excellently displayed, staff were friendly and helpful and knew their stuff and the meat was fresh, well priced and of excellent quality. It also tasted amazingly good. Arthur is a genuine and caring businessman. We shall certainly use his shops again when in Norfolk.
- Arthur Howell kept businesses in Wells by keeping the baker’s and the wet fish shop going. Customers stopped using the shops in Wells after the original baker’s closed, but after he reopened it the trade returned.
- Great quality, friendly service – Arthur’s a Wells hero!
- Arthur’s is a thriving local business. He does a lot for the local community and sources as much local food as possible.
- Arthur Howell should win because he has saved Wells as an independent shopping centre by opening a bakery and a fishmonger’s when they looked lost to the town, and through his superb butcher’s and deli.
- I think Arthur should win because he is a conscientious person who has built up a wonderful business selling as much local produce as he can.
Well, as you know I didn’t quite manage to carry off the big national prize at the awards ceremony in Birmingham’s NEC, but it wasn’t for a lack of support on your part – so a big thank you to you all!